4.14 Provider Cost Allocation
The Provider Cost Allocation Analysis report breaks down Plan Sponsor paid dollars between network and non-network facilities and physicians.
The graph shows Network Facilities (dark blue), Non Network Facilities (light blue), Network Physicians (dark green), and Non Network Physicians (light green).
- Facility: A hospital or other general medical facility (i.e., not a physician). More.
- Physician: A doctor or other medical practioner (i.e., not a facility). More.
- Network: In network (PPO) Plan Paid dollars broken out by facility and physician.
- % (of Network): Percentage of network claim activity between facility and physician.
- Non-Network: Plan Paid dollars broken out by non contracted facility and physician.
- % (of Non-Network): Percentage of non-network claim activity between facility and physician.
This report provides insight into the covered populations tendencies for provider and network utilization and can be use to determine the potential effectiveness of plan modifications that encourage network steerage.